Monster Radio RX93.1
DWRX (93.1 FM) – currently branded as Monster Radio RX 93.1 – is a commercial radio station that has a contemporary hit radio musical format. It is owned and operated by Audiovisual Communicators, Inc.. The station’s studio and transmitter are located at the 17th floor of Strata 2000 Bldg., F. Ortigas, Jr. Road (formerly Emerald Avenue), Ortigas Center, Pasig City. Before its current brand, it was known as RX93 from 1983 to the early Nineties. DWRX-FM operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (except on First Wednesday of the month where it signs-off at 1 AM to 5 AM, and except Holy Week of each year where it signs-off at midnight of Maundy Thursday until 5 AM of Easter Sunday)
The station was previously known by its call letters DWEI, originally owned by Liberty Broadcasting Corporation which featured MOR music programming. However LBC sold the station to Audiovisual Communicators then led by Rene Lacson and Freddie Garcia. The station was relaunched as DWRX-FM on August 23, 1983. However, the station had inherited the call letters “RX” from the station’s former owners, RX referring to “prescription music”. On that same year, the station adopted the pop format as Music City RX93 and became #1 in radio surveys in the mid-1980s.
In 1987, the station transferred from its studio and offices in Makati to its current location in Ortigas, and it was reformatted as Light Rock RX93, carrying a light rock format.
In October 1990, the station reverted to its pop format as Monster Radio RX93. Three years later, it carried the slogan “The First Creative Pop Station” and added the point .1 to its call number, becoming Monster Radio RX 93.1. In the late Nineties, it adopted its current slogan, “Manila’s Hottest”. The station is also known as “Summer’s Hottest” & “Season’s Hottest”.
RX Weekday Shows
- The Morning After – Monday – Friday 2-6 AM: hosted by Alven.
- The Morning Rush (1996–1998; 2002–Present) – 6-10 AM hosted by Chico Garcia, Delamar, and Gino Quillamor. ~~ also on-air every last Saturday of the month from 7-11 AM.
- Drive Thru – 10 AM -1 PM hosted by Andre, Schneider, & Julz
- Live Wire – 1PM -4 PM hosted by Rico Robles and Karen
- The Daily Survey – 4-PM 7 PM hosted by Jay and Lexy
- Wild & Wicked – Monday and Friday 8 PM -11 PM; Tuesday to Thursday – 7 PM -10 PM hosted by Hazel and Cerah.
- JinTomnia – Monday – Thursday 11 PM -2 AM hosted by (Doctor Love) Tom Alvarez & Jinri Park
RX Radio Special Shows
- The RX Concert Series – Mondays 7 PM -8 PM hosted by Rico Robles
- The Love Clinic – Tuesdays 10 PM -11 PM hosted by Dr. Love Tom Alvarez
- Throwback: The Year That Was – Wednesdays 10 PM -11 PM hosted by Chico Garcia
- Heard On Thursdays – Thursdays 10 PM-11 PM hosted by Rafael Reyes and Hazel
- Countdown Top 7 – Fridays 7 PM -8 PM hosted by Louie D
- Remix Fridays – Fridays 11 PM -3 AM hosted by Schneider; music mixed by DJ McCoy & DJ Mia
- Sound Trip – Saturdays 9 PM -10 PM hosted by Alven
RX Weekend Programming
- Happy Place – Saturdays 3 AM -7 AM hosted by Andre
- Super Saturday Show – Saturdays 7 AM -11 AM, expect for the last Saturday of each month hosted by Cerah
- Rico Robles Overtime – Saturdays 11 AM -3 PM hosted by Rico Robles
- The Radio1 Show – Saturdays 3-6 PM hosted by the Radio1 student jocks
- Alven On The Weekend – Saturdays 6 PM -9 PM hosted by Alven
Weekly Special Programming
- HIP 26 (weekend special programming that features hip-hop and R&B music) every Sunday 12 AM – Monday 2 AM
- Monster’s Riot (music from the 80s, the 90s, and up to the mid-2000s) every Wednesday 2 AM (except on First Wednesday of the Month) – Thursday 2 AM